Monday, July 29, 2013

30 Weeks...Two Handed Count Down!?!

How far along? 30 weeks
Baby is the size of a...Cucumber (15.5" long & 3 lbs)
Total weight gain? 24.5 lbs
Symptoms? My back has been bothering me a lot this week. I have not able to sit in one position for very long without having to shift. The pain in in the middle of my back, similar to the area I have been having pain before but now it is on both sides (not just the left) and much more intense.  Sometimes it is a dull pain, other times it is sharp.  It is quite painful! Been using the tennis ball a lot which tends to help more than anything else. I am hoping it has to do with the fact that I didn't sleep in my own bed for a week, that we did a ton of walking, and that I haven't been to pilates in a couple of weeks due to traveling.  I am going to go to prenatal yoga and pilates this week and hope that helps. But I am definitely going to be ready to be done being pregnant if this pain continues for the next 10 weeks!
Food cravings? Still loving fruit & won't turn down sweets
Sleeping? No complaints...still sleeping through the night
Belly button popped? You can see it through my shirt if I don't have the full panel pulled up...but still isn't "popped" more just even with rest of the belly. 
Feeling any movement? Yep, still most active during the day.  You can see my belly moving sometimes but haven't seen any identifiable body parts moving though.
Swelling? Thankful no
Best moment this week? Getting our new family room furniture & getting the nursery painted!
Working out? Few walks with Gibson
This Week's To Do? 2nd Child Birth Prep class, pick up dresser, 30 week Dr. Appt, enjoy Angie's visit this coming weekend

We are down to the two handed count down!?! Only 10 weeks left! Crazy! So many emotions when I think about that!

We had our first child birth prep class last Wednesday.  It went well and I think the classes are going to be really good.  We have a fairly large class.  The first class was a general overview and then next week we start getting into more specifics and laboring positions.  We will see...definitely nervous about the whole labor part though!

We had a great but very busy weekend. 
On Saturday the new family room furniture got delivered.  It looks awesome!  It is such a HUGE upgrade from what we had before.  Since we were busy this weekend we didn't get much time to enjoy the furniture but did have movie night on Saturday night so got to sit on the couch. 


Before

Before



After!!




Such an improvement!

We got the nursery painted! Jason painted the ceiling on Thursday night.  We painted the 3 grey walls on Saturday, and the painted the green wall on Sunday.  The paint looks great.  We are picking up the dresser this week and the bedding is suppose to ship by Friday.  I am very excited to see what the room looks like with all the pieces.  It is definitely coming together!

Step One: Paint ceiling



Step 2: Paint 3 walls grey




Step 3: Paint 1 wall green




All Finished!
Jason got some AWESOME tickets from work for the Rockies vs Brewers game on Sunday afternoon.  We were in row 4 right behind home plate.  The seats were super cushioned, we got a buffet brunch before the game, and food included during the game.  It was a great game too which made the experience even better!  After the game I went over to the Brewers dugout, asked if they had any balls and got one!!  Everyone said it was because of the belly, so it will be Baby B's baseball!





No comments:

Post a Comment