Monday, April 7, 2014

25 Weeks - Sleeping on her Tummy!

Last Monday we tried water with a straw again and she seems to actually like it this time.  She was wanting more and would actually swallow most of it instead of spit it out. Every time we gave her some she would still make this surprised what is this face, swallow it, and then get a huge smile.  It was pretty cute!

Braelyn has started doing the fake crying when you walk away thing. She has done it before but now she seems to be much more aware of exactly what she is doing.  The second you come back she gets all smiley.  She definitely knows how to get attention if she wants it!
 
Braelyn's hair is getting much lighter.  Still has a long way to go before we will be in pigtails but all the bald spots have all grown back now. Unfortunately she still has the clogged tear duct in her left eye.

My (only) Uncle is the Best!

Check out my new ride! :)
Braelyn has started to move around quite a bit when she sleeps.  And a few mornings this last week I found her on her tummy and sometime sideways in the crib! Not sure what I think about her sleeping on her tummy! :-/


She also seems to like to sleep while holding on to her Nuk in her mouth. 

 
Moms group this week had a baby sign language speaker so I decided to take Wednesday off to have some Mommy Braelyn time and go to Mom's group.  Braelyn weighed 13 lbs 10oz. Which is up 5 oz in 1-1/2 weeks which is pretty good.  She is still tracking right around 15%.  It was fun to catch up with the Moms in group. And Braelyn and I really enjoyed our one on one playtime all day too!


Excited for a full day of playtime with Mommy!

Loves this ball!

So smiley!


Check out my cool new shades! 
I'm all set for some fun in the sun in Florida!
Sleeping babies are so cute!

Braelyn is so much fun these days now that she is sitting up, playing, and interacting so much more.  It's tough only having a max of 3 hours with her each night before she goes to bed and in that time still needing to get the other things that need to get done at night done as well.  Plus I am leaving for work before 6:00am every day so it makes for very long days.
I had a catch up lunch with the Director of Ops on Thursday.  We talked a lot about the work-life-Mom balance, I proposed me taking every other Thursday off and he was very supportive of it.  I am very much looking forward to having some more time with Braelyn and a little more time to get stuff done around the house.  Plus, we will be able go to our play dates again and I will be able to take Braelyn to the zoo and the museum on a Thursday when it isn't as crowded than having to fight the crowd on the weekend. I really do enjoy working but I also Love being a Mom.  I am hoping that this will help so I can continue to enjoy both.

Having fun with my toys!



I love my "Ruff-Ruff"

Best friends!

On Friday we were finally able to get together with Johnathan and Shadi for dinner. Shadi hadn't met Braelyn yet and we hadn't seen her cute baby bump.  They are expected a baby girl the beginning on June so it was fun to catch up and talk babies!



Saturday was a busy day! Saturday morning Braelyn and I went to Stroller Strides (workout class with the stroller).  It was nice to workout again and be able to bring Braelyn but it wasn't as much of a push and I would have liked...probably going to look into some other options for workout classes.  Saturday afternoon Lindsay and I went shopping.  It was for the first time I had gone with out Braelyn.  While we didn't find as much stuff as we would have liked it was a fun girls day.  Daddy and Braelyn had some fun at home.   And then Sunday night Nick and Kate brought dinner over. 

Sunday was a pretty busy day too.  We packed for Florida - gotta to start the packing more than the night before now that we have a baby and it seems like nothing can get done during the week either.  Sunday afternoon I went and got a pedicure and manicure with Crystal and Jason went over to Shannon and Matt's to hang out.  The mani/pedi was very nice and now I'm all ready for Florida - can't wait to leave next Saturday!  Then I met up with Shannon, Matt, Sophia, Jason and Braelyn for dinner. It had been way too long since we had gotten together with them!

We did decide that we may need to stop going out to dinners for while.  Braelyn is just too squirmy now and starts to get fussy and wants her own space around 7:00pm which is right about the time the food comes.  She definitely wants to be getting ready for bed around 7:30pm so unless we go out to dinner at 5:00, I think we may need to put a stop to going out to dinners for a while.  Though breakfast and lunch she still does ok with...though I'm sure that will come to an end here soon too.
All and all it was a great weekend, had some fun dinners with friends and I got some nice "me time" though I did miss hanging out with my little girl!


Happy Girl!

 
Braelyn and Sophia hanging out watch a show!
SO cute!!















In a week we will be having Fun in the Sun in Longboat Keys, Florida with my family and Braelyn will be 6 MONTHS OLD?!?!  Can't wait for Florida!  And can't believe it has almost been half a year since Braelyn changed our lives forever in the best way possible! Time sure does fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment