Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snow, Skiing, and More Snow!

We went up to Breckenridge for the weekend with Mema, G-pa, and Colie.  It started snowing before we got there on Friday and didn't stop ALL weekend!  There was over 20 inches of new snow just while we were there (Friday night to Monday morning)!  It was crazy!  Jason and Colie skied on Saturday for a few hours until the crowds got ridiculous while Mema, G-pa, Braelyn and I hung out at the condo.  Then Jason, Braelyn, and I bundled up and went for a walk around town.
On Sunday Mema was nice enough to watch Braelyn in the morning so Jason and I could go out skiing. It was the first time I had skied in over a year!  It was snowing like crazy so visibility wasn't the greatest but there was a ton of fresh powder, the crowds weren't too bad, and the temperature wasn't too cold.  We had a ton of fun! Jason switched with Mom about noon and I skied with Colie and Mom in the afternoon.  I skied 18,123 vertical feet in 16 runs!  What a great day!
Traffic is always crazy coming down the mountain on Sundays so we planned to not leave until 8:00ish.  It was still snowing like crazy.  Before dinner we were watching the road reports and news and it was saying that there was a 3+ hour delay due to weather and traffic.  We went out of a late dinner and the road report looked like traffic had lessened so we headed out.  We got to Sliverthorne and were stopped for over 30 mins without moving and there was no sign of that changing.  At that rate there was no way we would be able to get home before 1:00am so we made the decision to head back to the condo and to just get up early Monday morning and drive down. At least then we could get some sleep. When we got back to the condo we got a notice that 1-70 was closed!  Good thing we made the decision we did!  Did not want to be stuck on the highway especially with Braelyn.  


All ready to go play in the snow! :)
(And no Braelyn isn't standing on her own
I am holding her from behind)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment