Monday, January 6, 2014

Mommy's 1st day back at work! :(

Today was my first day back at work. :(  It was definitely a super tough day but I did much better than I thought I would!  On Saturday I made sure we had everything we needed to bring and labeled and wrote out the important things for the teachers to know about Braelyn so we didn't have to worry about it Sunday or Monday morning.  Jason and I both did drop off and pick up today so we could see the process and drove together to work since we were both going to be downtown. Plus I wasn't sure how much of a mess I was going to be so figured it would be better to have Jason drive, just in case.  There were some tears at home before we left and a some when we were leaving the daycare, but I only teared up once at work.
Got a smile out of her before we left!

When we go there Ms. Sarah went over how the drop off and pick up process works and I went over the important things to know about Braelyn.  Then we set her down on a play mat and played with Braelyn for a little while.  She started grabbing and holding on to the toys that were hanging from the play mat.  It was really cool to see her holding on to it since before at home she had just been batting at things.  And surprisingly seeing her do something new made me feel better about leaving her because I saw her having fun and learning with the new things at daycare.  Just a little confirmation that she will get experiences that sh wouldn't necessarily get at home with me. When it was time to leave (I was never going to be ready to leave) we gave Braelyn to Ms. Megan, one of the assistant teachers, who was sitting on the ground playing with some other little ones. 

Grabbing and holding on!
Braelyn smiled at Ms. Sarah and Ms. Megan when we were there so that made me feel better.  Though, it was the hardest thing to walk out of daycare without her (I am tearing up just thinking about it as I type this).  I kept looking back checking to make sure she was ok. It was really good to have Jason there for support as well.  Luckily the day went by pretty quickly.  Between catching up with coworkers, figuring out the pumping thing, and going to lunch with Lindsay the day went by pretty quickly and it was time to go pick up Braelyn! We did go pick her up earlier than we would on a typical day so that helped as well. I only called to check to see how she was doing once after lunch.  I was debating if I should but the teachers welcomed me to call anytime and it made me feel better when Ms. Sarah told me she was doing great.
When we picked her up one of the assistant teachers (who wasn't there in the morning so we hadn't met yet) asked if we were looking for Braelyn and told us exactly where she was.  She was sitting in a bouncy seat with her pacifier.  We had asked them to only give it to her when she was sleeping.  And immediately when we walked in Ms. Sarah said that she was just waking up from a nap that is why she had the pacifier.  I didn't even get a chance to register that she had it before Sarah said something.  And then she said that they had been cleaning out her eyes after every diaper changing as needed.  We had just asked that they kept her eyes clean from the gunk that builds up from the clogged tear ducts. But wiping her eyes out after every diaper change?!? That makes so much sense! Why didn't I think of that! It was so great to hear that they listened to our requested and concerns and followed through with them. And made me feel good that every teacher knew who each child was and where they were. I know that is there job but its the little things that make us know that Braelyn is in good hands.  They said that she had a great day, took the bottle very well, and is so cute that she smiles in her sleep.  That was great to hear too that they are paying attention to her, even when she is sleeping.  It was the best feeling to be able to pick her up and give her a big hug!  I missed my little girl!
Braelyn was so exhausted when we got home.  She had a glossed over look when she was awake and went to bed early.  So glad we both survived our first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment