Baby is the size of a...Blueberry
Total weight gain/loss? 1 lbs
Symptoms? None...well my boobs are definitely bigger and my stomach gets kinda upset if I don't eat every few hours but that happened before I was pregnant too, just think I am more aware of it now.
What is making me queasy or sick? Nothing
Food cravings? None...during the day I am quite hungry but by dinner time a small simple meal is all that I want. Lunch is definitely when I eat the most.
Missing anything? Not really....wine kinda but that is about it
Sleeping? Same as always
Started to show? No, but I do feel like my face is starting to get a little fuller....maybe retaining more water than normal or as Jason thinks, just making up things.
Emotions? Nothing different
Best moment this week? Finally giving in and starting this blog!
Fears & excitements? Still doesn't feel real.
To do List? Figure out how we are going to tell people and when. And keep up with this blog!
I wanted to do a baby bump book or something to document our first pregnancy. And figured since most of our family and friends are out of town I probably would have to start a blog at some point to keep them updated, so figured why not just combine them. So here goes nothing, we will see how it goes. Hopefully, I can keep it up!
This whole pregnancy hasn't hit me yet since I haven't had any symptoms. And really, I mean no symptoms, besides the larger boobs, nothing. I have continued to go to boot camp and Zumba every week, have not been overly tired, not nauseous, nothing. I never believed those people who said they were 3 months pregnant and didn't know it but I do know. If I hadn't been paying attention that I was late, I could have been one of those people! Before we went to the doctor last week I kept telling Jason that it was just a joke. The first ultrasound, the technician was moving the wand around quite a bit so I was convincing myself that I was right and it was just a joke. And then she stopped moving it, pointed to a tiny slightly moving dot, and said "There is baby, Congratulations!" Both Jason and I were stunned and really didn't say anything. I had some tears but was just in shock....this isn't a joke, there is really a baby! She then turned on the speaker and said "There is the heartbeat," but neither Jason or I could really hear it. I think we were both still in shock. She took some other measurements of the baby and determined we were probably 6 weeks and 1 day along! After she left, I got dressed and ask Jason what he thought. He was clearly still in shock and said "I was expecting hands!" To explain, we saw our friends Scott and Ashley, who are also pregnant, the weekend before and saw their 12 week ultrasound pictures. They got some really neat 3D pictures so their technician could get measurements so you could clearly see the head and arms and hands. Jason must have missed the comment that they were the 12 week pictures because that is what he was expecting to see at our ultrasound, not just a tiny slightly moving dot. ha-ha!
Now don't think that we aren't excited about this! We are overjoyed! We are just amazed how quickly we got pregnant and are still a little hesitant to get too excited until the risk of miscarriage is less. My doctor said that 8 weeks is when she tends to stop worrying as much, so one more week! I have a feeling the excitement will continue to increase each week!
I have started and stopped starting this blog a few times now, didn't want to start a pregnancy blog, if we weren't really pregnant. As each day goes by, the more comfortable I get that it is really happening and it is ok to start. I don't want to miss documenting the beginning stuff. I think it will really begin to feel real when we can start telling people and they can get excited with us.
Well that is all for now! Hopefully I can keep up on this blog stuff! More soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment